Pages

Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

I've listened to this song about a hundred times this last week. In May, I'll be dancing to this song for recital...along with one of my daughters and several other grade-school-age girls.

When I started listening, it was just a song I needed to learn, but after I've listened to these words again and again, they've taken on a much deeper meaning to me.

Any kind of artist must be willing to bear their souls...like a skyscraper ravaged by the winds, its windows torn out. You have to let go of people's opinions and be willing to pour your heart out.

No matter how the world and life and the struggle to become a successful writer tears me apart, I will not falter. I will rise up. I will keep writing and bearing my soul.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do, and when you've listened to it one time, listen just once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments.