Pages

What are you doing for NaNoWriMo?

My first novel took a year to write. How can anyone write a novel in a month?

Well, many have taken up this challenge to write 50,000 words in one month. Broken down to daily goals, that's only 1,667 words a day! Such a bite size chunk. That seems doable.

Some have bigger personal goals, aiming for 100,000 words in a month. For me, I will be happy just to finish the two novelettes for the Scrolls series, about only 25,000 words. However, work is hectic right now, and I was learning about balance between life and writing and parenting. It will be rough to do that many words. What would that be? 834 a day.

To help keep me focused, I am starting with my outlines. It's just a two page summary of what will happen in the stories. I won't be staring at a blank screen, wondering what happens next.

So what are you doing for NaNoWriMo? What have you done to prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments.