Pages

From the Mouths of Babes

Saturday afternoon, I was feeding my youngest Kaylee, who gobbled up all her food. Boy, that girl has an appetite. When I come home from work each day, she tells me how much she has grown. 

So yesterday as I set food in front of her, she told me that she eats to be strong. 

"I'm strong," she said, "because I'm going to be a perret when I grow up!"

"A parrot?"

"No, a perret!" she said angrily.

"A parent?"

"No, a perret!" She was quite upset.

"Oh, a pirate!"

"Yes, I'm going to be a pirate that do anything." She threw her hands up in the air in celebration. "Anything I want to."

Oh, anything she wants to, huh? I think she's a little confused. It's supposed to be The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, not the pirates that do anything they want to. She has a rude awakening waiting for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments.